7.3.0 Bixby Developer Studio Release Notes
Updated: Sep 13, 2019
Welcome to v7.3.0, the 19R release of Bixby Developer Studio. This release contains mainly bug fixes.
- [IDE-6181] Clicking on the file icon in the navigation sidebar toggles whether the sidebar is visible
7.3.0 Bug Fixes
- [IDE-6071] Simulator now works properly when Bixby Studio installation path includes Korean characters
- [IDE-4608] Story Editor no longer permits running the stories when the
capsule.bxb file has no targets
- [IDE-6196] Horizontal scrollbar in the Story Editor is now available whenever needed
- [IDE-5301] Debug graph configurations are preserved when debugger tabs are closed and re-opened
7.2.0 Bixby Developer Studio Release Notes
Updated: Aug 29, 2019
Welcome to v7.2.0, the 19Q release of Bixby Developer Studio. This release brings a lot of improvements to Stories, and other changes to the Simulator and the Monaco Editor.
Compile NL Model Button
The Story Editor now provides the
Compile NL Model button in the toolbar for stories that contain NL utterances that need an NL interpreter. The button works similarly to the one in the training tool and contains similar messaging to keep you informed of the NL model status.
Story Step Tree
We've made a number of improvements to the Story Editor, mainly related to the tree display in the center:
- Step boxes like those in the Simulator are used
- Step boxes are organized vertically, like in the Simulator, with the first step at the top
- Screenshots are not displayed in step boxes (only in the sidebar now)
- Step input and response text is displayed on the top and bottom lines inside each box
- The type of step is noted above the box, on the left
- Cache/live indicators or a view error link are noted above the box, on the right
- Width of the error detail dialog has been increased
- Updated the running story indicator to use the pulsing icon (like compile NL button uses)
New Empty Capsule Template
We've updated the default capsule template that's generated from using the
Create New Project modal.
7.2.0 Simulator Updates
We've added support for
login-button-label key in
authorization.bxb, which allows users to customize action button labels.
Monaco Editor Updates
We've added syntax highlighting for
7.2.0 Bug Fixes
- Submissions [IDE-6063] Do not double-count submission creations in Amplitude
- Monaco Editor [IDE-6157] Prevent Monaco crashing when a marker is out of range
- Debug Console [IDE-6118] Fix bug where concept node cannot be selected
7.1.0 Bixby Developer Studio Release Notes
Updated: Aug 15, 2019
Welcome to v7.1.0, the 19P release of Bixby Developer Studio. This release brings a brand new
Light Theme experience! We've also improved keyboard navigation in the Debug Console.
We've added a light theme to Bixby Studio and its Editor. New toggle switches on the Settings page allow
you to select Bixby Studio and editor themes. The current dark theme remains the default theme for both.
Debug Console Update
Debug Console now provides more intuitive keyboard tree navigation, including expand and collapse.
7.1.0 Bug Fixes
- [IDE-5999] Fix a text overflow problem in logged errors
- [IDE-6035] Reset Renderer view mode when changing devices
- [IDE-6065] Aligned NL goes off right edge if Goal is long enough
7.0.0 Bixby Developer Studio Release Notes
Updated: Aug 1, 2019
Welcome to v7.0.0, the 19O release of Bixby Developer Studio. This release brings a brand new Editor experience! We've made some improvements to the Debug Console, Settings, the Simulator, Stories, and other miscellaneous improvements.
All editors across the application now use the Monaco Editor project (the code editor which powers VS Code). The Monaco Editor provides a better out-of-the box feature set and better customization. Here are a few highlights:
- Indent guides
- Collapse and expand regions for code folding
- Mini map
With the new editor, we've updated some of the editor shortcuts and added a setting to disable autosave.
7.0.0 Debug Console Updates
Debug Console now provides view settings for grouping inputs.
You now have the option to turn on or off Autosave for the editor. By default, Autosave is on.
7.0.0 Simulator Updates
The Simulator now more closely emulates the real Bixby device experience for users.
We've updated the look and feel of the Step Editor; the Step Editor now displays the kind of step you are looking at. This gives more freedom when editing stories.
- We have upgraded from Electron 3 to 5!
- We removed the
DEPRECATION LOGS section from the Errors & Warnings sidebar view. Deprecation errors and warnings now show in the tree with normal errors and warnings. You can differentiate between deprecation logs and non-deprecation logs by the
DEPRECATED: label prefix.
7.0.0 Bug Fixes
- [IDE-5988] Fixed some menu items occasionally not showing up
6.15.0 Bixby Developer Studio Release Notes
Updated: Jul 19, 2019
Welcome to v6.15.0, the 19N release of Bixby Developer Studio. In this release, we've fixed a number of bugs, along with some improvements to Submissions.
6.15.0 Submissions Update
You will now receive a prompt with a list of issues to fix when submitting your capsule for review.
6.15.0 Bug Fixes
- [IDE-5886] Fix debug console forward/backward tooltips showing wrong shortcut keys
- [IDE-5878] Fixed an issue where the renderer UI would jump when changing targets
- [IDE-5918] Fix screenshots not saving if workspace directory is missing
- [IDE-5921] Fix up/down cursor actions not working in the TV when the editor has the focus
- [IDE-2034],[IDE-5894] Fixes for Story Clear Cache buttons
- [IDE-5845] Fixed Assertion layouts ordering
- [IDE-5869] Persist setting for submission type
6.14.0 Bixby Developer Studio Release Notes
Updated: Jul 5, 2019
Welcome to v6.14.0, the 19M release of Bixby Developer Studio. In this release, we've fixed a number of bugs, along with some improvements to the Simulator.
You will now receive an OS-wide notification when your submission has finished.
6.14.0 Simulator Updates
You will find a new "Screenshot" button located in the top-right of the Simulator window. If you click this button, Bixby Studio captures and saves the screenshot to a file in your workspace.
The Simulator is only able to capture what is visible on your display. For best results, ensure the Simulator window is as large as possible.
- [IDE-5626] Support Hands-Free Mode in Stories
- [IDE-5699] Fixed story caching issues
- [IDE-5719] Fixed large image files covering up the editor tabs
- [IDE-5816] Fixed an issue where submissions could be stuck uploading
- [IDE-5844] Exported story tab should close when parent folder is deleted
- [IDE-5860] Fix command palette UI and add prefix for some commands
- [IDE-5729] Fixed an issue where the playback controls would not clear after a conversation is reset or a capsule was unsynced
- [IDE-5764],[IDE-5767] Fixed an issue where the Simulator would erroneously show an error message
- [IDE-5810] Fixed a number of issues where the audio player was muted/not playing
- [IDE-5814] Fixed running some utterances crashing the simulator
- [IDE-5861] Stop unexpected dialog that is read out loud
6.13.0 Bixby Studio Developer Release Notes
Updated: Jul 1, 2019
Welcome to v6.13.0, the 19L release of the Bixby Developer Studio. In this release, we've fixed a number of bugs, and made some cosmetic updates now that the Bixby Marketplace is out!
Creating a new submission now defaults to Public rather than Private. Additionally, we've updated some of the wording surrounding the "New Submission" view relating to the Bixby Marketplace. We have also added desktop notifications when your submission finishes processing. The notification informs you if the submission succeeded or failed. You can also click on the notification to take you directly to the submission details.
6.13.0 Simulator Updates
We updated the Simulator font. We now embed the device fonts with the packaged app. You should always see the right font now, even if the right font is not installed on your OS.
6.13.0 Bug Fixes
- [IDE-5532] The Simulator now properly resets when changing targets
- [IDE-5702] Only allow Simulator story export if learning is disabled (deterministic mode)