This policy document lists specific examples that we look for when evaluating whether a capsule can be released to the Bixby Marketplace. This list is not exhaustive and will be updated periodically. Please note that Samsung reserves the right to reject your capsule submission for reasons listed or not listed below.
Please ensure that your capsule meets all requirements, and continue to check this document for additions to our policy. If it is determined that your capsule contains, facilitates, promotes, or condones content that is prohibited by this policy, your capsule submission will be rejected, and you will be notified via the email address associated with your Bixby Developer Center login.
All capsules submitted must adhere to the content guidelines below.
- Your capsule should not contain malicious functionality, or be a prank capsule that does not disclose its prank functionality in its capsule description.
- Your capsule should not contain references to, or promote, illegal downloading of torrents or pirated software.
- Your capsule should not promote or purport to be an assistant other than Bixby.
- Your capsule should not include explicitly sexual, violent, or illegal content unless it serves a scientific, documentary, or educational purpose.
- Your capsule should not contain advice on how to join an illegal organization.
- Your capsule should not provide advice on how to begin or be involved in an illegal lifestyle, such as prostitution.
- Your capsule should not contain content or give guidance on how to create or build dangerous materials (such as how to build a bomb, silencer, or meth lab).
- Your capsule should not promote or praise terrorism, including detailing specific tactics or recruiting new members for terrorist groups.
- Your capsule should not promote the use, sale, or distribution of recreational, of illegal drugs, etc.
- Your capsule should not contain unmoderated user-generated content.
Trademarks, Intellectual Property, and Brands
- Your capsule (and its name) should not include, present, or use any names or assets whose use is protected by the laws of any country the capsule is being distributed (including but not limited to copyrighted, trademarked, and patented material) without first getting the permission of the rightful owner.
- Your capsule (and its name) should not imply sponsorship or endorsement by Samsung or otherwise mischaracterize your relationship with Samsung and our subsidiaries.
- Your capsule (and its name) should not infringe on the intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademark, and publicity rights) of a third party.
- Your capsule (and its name) should not purport to be affiliated with a company or brand that is not the official capsule of that company or brand.
If your capsule is found to infringe trademarks, intellectual property, or brands, it will be removed from the Marketplace until such time as the infringement issue is resolved.
You can click on the Copyright link at the footer of the Bixby Developer Center webpage if you need to report a copyright infringement.
Search and Web Content
- Your capsule must search within a specific online resource, and cannot do a general web search.
- Your capsule should use proper attribution when third party data is presented in accordance with any licensing terms of that third party.
Personal Data Collection
- Your capsule should not access user sensitive information without the user granting permissions.
- Your capsule should not store sensitive financial data in violation of applicable legal obligations.
- Your capsule should not collect financial data or authentication data (for example, bank account or credit card numbers, or PIN/passwords) via the conversational interface.
- Your capsule is allowed to provide general financial information.
- Your capsule should provide disclaimers around timeliness of stock quotes, if stock quotes are presented.
Health and Health-Related Information
- Your capsule should not collect information relating to any person's physical or mental health or condition, the provision of health care to a person, or payment for the same.
- Your capsule should not claim to provide life-saving assistance via the capsule, via the capsule name, via description, or via utterance.
- Your capsule should not contain false or misleading claims in the response, description, or utterances (visual or otherwise) regarding medicine, prescription drugs, or other forms of treatment. This includes claims that a treatment can cure all diseases or specific incurable diseases. A claim can be misleading if relevant information is left out or if it suggests something that's not true.
- Your capsule should not provide information about black market sales of prescription drugs.
- Your capsule should not provide health-related information, news, facts, or tips without including a disclaimer in the capsule description stating that the information provided by the capsule is not a substitute for medical advice.
- For example: This capsule does not provide medical advice, and is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment, or diagnosis. Call your doctor to receive medical advice. If you think you might have a medical emergency, please dial your local emergency service number.
Capsule Recommendations, Compensation
- Your capsule should not offer a separate capsule store or marketplace.
- Your capsule should not solicit donations from end users.
- Your capsule should not offer compensation for enabling other capsules, reviewing capsules, or flagging competitor capsules. Examples of compensation can include digital goods, physical goods, and monetary transactions.
Your capsule cannot contain any form of advertising, display ads, or promotional messaging in the capsule’s responses, notifications, or reminders. The only exceptions to this rule are as follows:
- If there is a pre-defined agreement between a capsule developer and Samsung, including but not limited to revenue share agreements.
- If there are acceptable ads such as audio streaming, pre-roll, mid-roll, and post-roll ads within audio content, such as streaming music, streaming radio, podcasts, and news briefings.
If you are permitted to run advertisements, you must follow the below advertisement guidelines.
These guidelines provide basic rules about the type of information that advertisements can contain and what constitutes an advertisement that is not publicly acceptable.
- Advertisements should not be misleading or deceptive, nor should they promote illegal products or services.
- In some cases, the content of advertisement is regulated by applicable laws or industry practice, and Supplier shall comply with such laws and regulations.
- The following types of content or advertisements should not be included. The following list is for example only and is not intended to be exhaustive:
- Gratuitous displays of violence and/or abuse of humans and animals.
- Content which endorses or threatens physical harm.
- Depictions of sex, pornography, or pedophilia.
- Obscene and vulgar language, such as excessive swearing.
- Any type of promotions and unnecessary references to alcohol, smoking, and illegal drugs.
- Any type of offensive references and discrimination towards humanity (including but not limited to racial, political, ethnic, religious, gender-based, or sexuality-based groups).
- Any type of overtly misleading communication.
- Any form of illegal activity or their promotion (such as how to build a bomb, stealing, hacking, and software piracy).
- Any type of illegal substance or activity sites with illegal, false, or deceptive investment advice and money-making opportunities.
- Any type of advertisement or promotion for products or services of “Samsung Competitors” without obtaining prior approval of Samsung. “Samsung Competitors” means any major consumer electronics manufacturers around the world or any other specific manufacturer that Samsung may designate from time to time.
- Any type of content that reasonable public consensus deems to be improper or inappropriate.
Pornography and Sex
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present or encourage overt sexual concepts or content (including but not limited to: explicit nudity, exposed male or female genitalia, pornography, pedophilia, sexually explicit behavior, and sexually suggestive poses).
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present or encourage exploitative sexual behavior (including but not limited to: sexual abuse and sexual assault).
- Your capsule should not provide any method to solicit illegal sexual services.
- Your capsule should not contain content promoting sexual abuse of children.
- Your capsule should not contain graphic depictions or descriptions of extreme gore, unsettling content, and/or excessive violence (including but not limited to excessive bleeding).
- Your capsule should not promote organized crime, terrorism, or other illegal activities meant to undermine local and/or national governments or police.
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present or encourage violent threat toward people or animals.
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present or encourage murder, suicide, torture, or abuse.
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present or encourage use in the real world of weapons, bombs, terrorist actions, or any other dangerous objects.
- Your capsule should not facilitate online gambling that offers real money or prizes.
- Your capsule should not promote illegal gambling activity (including but not limited to: casino activities, sweepstakes, and sports betting).
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Illegal Drugs
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present or encourage the use, sale, production, and distribution of recreational or illegal drugs.
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present or encourage the sale, use, or underage use of tobacco products and related paraphernalia, including cigarettes, cigars, rolling tobacco, and e-cigarettes.
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly encourage the excessive use of alcohol, or underage use of alcohol.
Religion, Ethnicity, and Culture
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present content that could defame (by slander or libel) individual persons or groups of people based on race, gender, sexual preference or identity, ethnicity, nationality, disability, religion, political identity, or ideology.
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present excessively unpleasant, repellent, obscene, or vulgar language or expressions.
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present offensive, discriminatory, or inflammatory content about specific religious, social, or political groups or content.
- Your capsule should not contain any references to or promotes out-of-context quotations that mislead about the intentions of the figure being quoted.
- Your capsule should not visually or audibly present content that reasonable public consensus may find to be improper or inappropriate.
Make sure your capsule includes contents that comply with laws, cultural norms, and sensitivities of the country or region to which the content is distributed.
Capsules and Children
In case your capsule is directed at children: